· One small onion, roughly chopped
· 3/4 cup Israeli couscous
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 1 English cucumber, chopped into bite size cubes
· 2 tomatoes, chopped into bite size cubes
· 1 bell pepper, chopped into bite size cubes
· 1/2 pound green beans, cleaned
· 1/2 cup lowfat mozzarella, chopped into small cubes
· 1/8 cup basil vinaigrette (any salad dressing would work)
Preheat the oven to 350 F and toast the Israeli couscous for 10 to 15 minutes until a light golden brown. Place the couscous in a pot of boiling water and cook for 10 to 15 minutes. Use a small mesh colander to drain the water once cooked.
In a sauté pan, heat the olive oil just slightly. Sauté the onion until translucent and slightly golden, add green beans and light sauté. In a large bowl, combine bell pepper, tomatoes, cucumber, cheese, green beans/onion mixture, couscous and dressing. Salt or season to taste.
To browse WOJ exclusive content on other Israeli Kosher Foods, click here.