· 3 pounds red potato, cut into equal sized pieces (about 1-inch)
· 1 cup mayonnaise
· 1/2 cup sour cream
· 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
· 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
· 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
· 1/2 cup dill pickle relish
· 2 green onions, chopped fine
· 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
· salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
Place the potatoes in a pot and add enough cold water to cover by one inch. Bring to a boil, and cook until just tender when tested with a fork (about 10-12 minutes). Drain very well, and let cool to room temperature. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the rest of the ingredients. Add the cooled potatoes, and carefully toss to coat completely. For best results, chill 2 hours in the refrigerator before serving.
For ideas of nice serving dishes for potato salad, browse our gallery of serving pieces.