· 3 medium Gala or Fuji apples, peeled, cored, and finely diced
· 1 1/2 cups walnut halves, lightly toasted, cooled, and coarsely chopped
· 1/2 cup sweet red wine such as Manischewitz Extra Heavy Malaga
· 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
· 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
Preparation: In large bowl, stir together all ingredients. Store, covered, at room temperature until ready to serve.
For dessert that’s kosher for Passover, check out our Max Brenner gallery of Kosher for Passover chocolate packages.