· 1 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and coarsely grated
· 2 scallions, finely chopped
· 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
· 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
· 3/4 cup vegetable oil
Stir together potatoes, scallions, flour, eggs, salt, and pepper. Heat oil in a deep 12-inch nonstick skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking. Working in batches of 4, spoon 1/8 cup potato mixture per latke into oil and flatten to 3-inch diameter with a slotted spatula. Reduce heat to moderate and cook until golden, about 1 1/2 minutes on each side. Transfer latkes with spatula to paper towels to drain.
For exclusive content on other kosher foods from Israel, click here.