· 6 cups coarsely grated peeled carrots
· 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
· 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
· 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
· 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
· 7 teaspoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger
· 3 large eggs, beaten to blend
· Canola oil (for frying)
Place carrots in large bowl; press with paper towels to absorb any moisture. In another large bowl, whisk flour, salt, baking powder, and pepper to blend. Mix in carrots and ginger, then eggs. Pour enough oil into heavy large skillet to cover bottom and heat over medium heat.
Working in batches and adding more oil as needed, drop carrot mixture by 1/4 cupfuls into skillet and spread to 3 1/2-inch rounds. Fry until golden, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer latkes to rimmed baking sheet.
For exclusive content on other kosher foods from Israel, click here.