· 2 to 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
· 1 large onion, quartered, thinly sliced
· 1 red bell pepper, diced
· 1 medium clove garlic, finely minced
· 6 medium red-skinned potatoes, cut in 1/2-inch dice
· 1 teaspoon ground paprika
· 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
· Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Heat oil in a large, heavy, nonstick skillet or electric skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until tender. Add the red pepper and garlic and cook for 1 minute longer. Add the potatoes, paprika, about 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Cover and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes, or until potatoes are just tender.
Uncover and increase heat to medium-high. Continue cooking for about 8 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until nicely browned.
For exclusive content on other kosher foods from Israel, click here.